Re: [sig] Digest Number 1275

  • P&MSulisz
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 3, 2003
      From: <MHoll@...>
      To: <sig@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2003 2:30 PM
      Subject: Re: [sig] Digest Number 1275

      > Now, what does "Polska Pozdrawiam" mean? Thanks!
      > Something like "hail Poland". Pozdrawiam means either "I greet" or "we
      greet"
      > -- I'd need a grammar book and I don't have one at hand.

      pozdrawiam - 1st person, singular, present time = I greet
      pozdrawiamy - 1st person, plural, present time = we greet
      The phrase: "Polska pozdrawiam" isn't correct. What does it should mean? :
      "I greet Poland" (= Pozdrawiam Polske), or, "Poland greets you" (=Polska
      pozdrawia)? Maybe it is highly ceremonial: Polska, pozdrawiam (Poland, I
      greet you). Maybe it can help you.
      Magdalena