Re: Newbie!

  • borderlands15213
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 1, 2003
      Greetings, Brenton, and welcome!
      Most SCAdians, and especially people on the SCA discussion lists,
      like meeting and greeting newbies, and sharing what they know and
      what they love best.
      So come on in and ask. I'm a lurker here, myself, just trying to
      absorb and learn.

      Yseult

      [Edited by moderator. Please do not quote entire messages in your posts, especially when they are longer than your own reply.]
    • Brenton Clifford
      Message 2 of 13 , Sep 2, 2003
        >Hi,
        >You can ask your wife for translation of my group's page:
        >www.free.of.pl/b/bractwo

        Thanks!

        In a remarkable, although undoubtedly uninteresting coincidence, my wife has
        an uncle named Wojtek, a historian and linguist. :) It's rather interesting
        that I've met another with the same name who has the same interests as the
        other.

        :)

        Brenton.

        ninemsn Premium transforms your e-mail with colours, photos and animated
        text. Click here http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp
      • Colleen McDonald
        Message 3 of 13 , Sep 2, 2003
          <<Go to this address: www.bagrit.ires.pl
          Porbably the admins finally completedy foreign
          language versions of this portal...>>

          Nope - the only option so far is the Polish language version. Clicking on the English link didn't do anything when I tried it. Hopefully, soon!

          In service, I remain

          Cainder
        • Alastair Millar
          Message 4 of 13 , Sep 3, 2003
            Yseult writes...

            > Most SCAdians, and especially people on the SCA
            > discussion lists, like meeting and greeting newbies,
            > and sharing what they know and what they love best.

            ... and those of us who aren't SCA members are also here to help out, throw
            ideas around, share information and learn, too! The SIG (and SIG list),
            while aimed specifically at SCA members, provide information and resources
            to anyone - good, isn't it? ;-).

            Cheers!

            Alastair
          • borderlands15213
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 3, 2003
              Please be assured I will not make this particular mistake, again. I
              have only posted twice to this list, once with a question, a request
              for information, which no one answered; and the post I have snipped,
              below, in order to be certain that *this* post will be longer than
              either my signature from it or the moderator's editorial comment,
              which accompanied it. The snipped post was a welcome to a newcomer,
              which was a friendlier and more courteous gesture than I've been
              shown here.

              Now I'll unsubscribe and take my leave of you all.

              Yseult

              <<<<<snipped>>>>>

              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 3, 2003
                >I'm a lurker here, myself, just trying to
                >absorb and learn.

                Thanks for the welcome! :) I'm doing the same...lurking...copying down the
                infomation. Great fun!

                -Brenton

                Hotmail is now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
                http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/signup.asp
              • Jeanne
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 4, 2003
                  I have never seen a post from you but I will be more than happy to welcome
                  you.

                  Soffya
                  http://www.aeonline.biz/Links.htm
                  three fleur-de-lys Or

                  [Edited by moderator. Please do not quote entire posts in your mesages, especially when they are longer than your own words.]