Long live the King!

  • MoxFool@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2003
      Thanks to the Polish translator, I have a new phrase. But I am usure how to
      pronounce it. It is: "Niech zyje król!" The Z has a dot over it. Thanks!

      Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
      Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, <A HREF="http://www.midrealm.org/talonvale/">The Shire of Talonvale</A>
      Ward to THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.
      MOFIT, shire Rapier Marshal
      "Knowledge speaks. Wisdom listens." Jimmi Hendrix

    • MHoll@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 2, 2003
        In a message dated 9/2/2003 5:41:12 AM Central Daylight Time, MoxFool@...
        writes:
        "Niech zyje król!" The Z has a dot over it. Thanks!
        [nyekh zhiyeh krool] -- roughly. the "e" in the first word would be nasal.
        "kh" as "ch" in "loch". Roughly.

        Predslava.

      • Wojtek Wilk
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 5, 2003
          Thanks to the Polish translator, I have a new phrase. But
          I am usure how to
          pronounce it. It is: "Niech zyje kr�l!" The Z has a dot
          over it. Thanks!
          ---
          Try learning some Polish grammar:)
          Z with a dot is pronounced like 'j' in French.
          (like in the first names- Juliet, Joaquin)

          Wojtek
        • Patricia Hefner
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 5, 2003
            : "Niech zyje król!"

            I'd like to learn this, too, for my next Court! I will miss our Fall
            Coronation but I will be going to a Kingdom event soon afterwards to swear
            fealty (one need not be a peer in Meridies to swear fealty, so I do it on a
            regular basis).

            Isabelle de Foix
            Shire Brantestone
            Kingdom of Meridies
          • MoxFool@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 7, 2003
              > Try learning some Polish grammar:)
              > Z with a dot is pronounced like 'j' in French.
              > (like in the first names- Juliet, Joaquin)
              >
              > Wojtek

              Yep, I really want to learn Polish and Latin!

              Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski
              Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Northwoods, <A HREF="http://www.midrealm.org/talonvale/">The Shire of Talonvale</A>
              Ward to THL Albyn Buckthorne, C.B.R.
              MOFIT, shire Rapier Marshal
              "Knowledge speaks. Wisdom listens." Jimmi Hendrix

            • Rick Orli
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 7, 2003
                something like 'nech ZE-yeh crruel'. where the ch has a hard to
                explain throathy breath quality. (get someone who knows how to sing
                the happy birthday song 'sto lat' it has Niech zyje in it. Many 3rd-
                4th generations poles, inlaws, etc. who know no polish whatever can
                sing this song)
                However, I think the usual phrase with that meaning would be "Vivat
                król!" Or in A crowd just 'Vivat!,'Vivat!,Vivat!'
                -Rick

                --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Wojtek Wilk" <dobrowol@i...> wrote:
                > Thanks to the Polish translator, I have a new phrase. But
                > I am usure how to
                > pronounce it. It is: "Niech zyje król!" The Z has a dot
                > over it. Thanks!
                > ---
                > Try learning some Polish grammar:)
                > Z with a dot is pronounced like 'j' in French.
                > (like in the first names- Juliet, Joaquin)
                >
                > Wojtek
              • Brenton Clifford
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 7, 2003
                  >Yep, I really want to learn Polish and Latin!
                  >
                  >Pan Zygmunt Nadratowski

                  Polish has very little in common with english. Enjoy! :)

                  -Brenton, a polish learner. Slowly.

                  Chat via SMS. Simply send 'CHAT' to 1889918. More info at
                  http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilemania/MoChat.asp?blipid=6800