Re: Polish translation

  • sismith42
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
      > appreciated. And are there some good sources for period phrases
      from Polish to English?
      > Thanks!

      It's not great, but there is an online Polish-English translator at
      http://www.poltran.com/pl.php4
      It gives a rough idea and might (or might not) help you... I (with
      verry little understanding of the launguage) use it for quick "what
      does that mean" checks when I'm online and want instant
      gratification.

      Stefania
    • Wojtek Wilk
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2003
        > Polska Pozdrawiam,

        What does this mean? I have a saber, that says "Vivat
        Wohlnosc Polska 1791"
        on the blade. The middle word I am unsure of as to the
        spelling - it's in a
        flowery script and I can't read if the "h" is really an H or
        an R. Help
        appreciated. And are there some good sources for period
        phrases from Polish to English?
        Thanks!
        ---

        Pozdrawiam means: Regards,
        The inscription on that blade means "Liberty of Poland"
        It is not Wohlnosc but Wolnosc in fact. Artistic
        inscriptions are confusing sometimes.
        That saber must be a ceremonial blade or..does it have
        any damages signifying it was used in a duel or battle?

        Look for on-line Polish grammar for foreigners:-)
        I have not heard of any webpage about this.

        Wojtek