Venetian slave trade on the Black Sea

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 31, 2003
      I,ve been reading "The Tarttar Khan's Englishman"
      recently and just stumbled across the part dealing
      with the Venetians acting as middlemen for the huge
      number of slaves captured by the Mongols during Batu
      Khan's invasions of Russia, Humgary and Poland during
      the 1230's and early 1240's. Sort a being corporate
      before corporations were cool. Has anyone read
      anything on this?
      'dak

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com