Re: Golem

  • aheilvei
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25, 2003
      Here are three books dealing with Czech Golem:

      The Golem of Prague: A New Adaptation of the Documented Stories of
      the Golem of Prague
      by Gershon Winkler, Isaac, Ha-Kohen Isaac Ben Samson

      Golem: Legends of the Ghetto of Prague
      by Chayim Bloch, Jacob Boehme

      The Golem of Old Prague: Jewish Tales of Mystery and Terror
      by Michael Rosen (Editor), Val Biro (Illustrator)

      I have one on my bookshelf at home that is an academic overview of
      the history of the golem and it's use in Jewish story and history.
      I'll check my bookshelf tonight and give the reference tomorrow. It
      was used in a class on the BShT and it (his) history.

      Also, Amazon has a category for Golem books so it's pretty easy to
      surf their site and come up with a lot of Golem books. Many of
      which seem to be children's books. Though, as Alistair said, the
      Golem wasn't really a children's tale sort of thing.

      Smiles,
      Despina