Re: [sig] Hemp

  • Wojtek Wilk
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 20, 2003
      Hi,
      I was looking for this information on SIG list:)
      Thanks. I am interested in the inlay that was used on the
      turn of the 14th century in Poland. Yes yes...its is very
      specific question:)
      Wojtek from Poland

      To: Slavic Interest Group
      <sig@yahoogroups.com>
      From: <jenne@...>
      Date sent: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:40:24 -0400
      (EDT)
      Subject: Re: [sig] Hemp
      Send reply to: sig@yahoogroups.com

      That was me! Thank you very much!

      > I recall someone was looking for information on hemp
      > use. I'm still waiting for my boss to remember to
      > bring the research book with the maps of hemp's spread
      > through the world and the approximate dates...
      >
      > but in the mean time (and looking for something
      > different) I stumbled across a few papers that may
      > interest you.
      >
      > Contemp Rev. 1972;220(1276):252-7.
      > A social history of the use of cannabis sativa.
      > Hindmarch I.
      > Publication Types: Historical Article
      > PMID: 11631818 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
      >

      > Indian J Hist Sci. 1981 May;16(1):31-5.
      > Medicinal use of opium and cannabis in medieval India.
      > Chaturvedi GN, Tiwari SK, Rai NP.
      > Publication Types: Historical Article
      > PMID: 11611777 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
      >

      > Indian J Hist Sci. 1981, recu 1982;16(1):31-5.
      > Medicinal use of opium and cannabis in Medieval India.
      > Chaturvedi GN, Tiwari SK, Rai NP.
      > Publication Types: Historical Article
      > PMID: 11611267 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
      >
      > -Kataryna

      -- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika
      jenne@...
      "History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our
      death, but scorns
      to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive. It
      knows the names of the
      king's bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat.
      This is the way of
      human folly." -- Jean-Henri Fabre

      ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------
      ------~-->
      Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson,
      Canon or Lexmark
      Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more
      to the US & Canada.
      http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/PJ_
      qlB/TM
    • Kataryna Dragonweaver
      Message 2 of 19 , Feb 6, 2004
        I now have the maps of hemp dispersal and history.
        I will be posting them to the web site shortly.
        The first couple of .jpgs are the title page and contents page of the
        book that this info is from.
        -Kataryna