Re: [sig] Hemp

  • Susan Koziel
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 7, 2003
      And another one...
      Prioreschi P, Babin D.
      Ancient use of cannabis.
      Nature. 1993 Aug 19;364(6439):680.
      PMID: 8355781 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

      Now, keep in mind most of these will be research
      information on the drug use of hemp. For those of us
      who are interested in the history of hemp fibre these
      papers may not be very helpful - I don't know I
      haven't read any more then the abstracts about them.
      -Kataryna
    • jenne@fiedlerfamily.net
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 18, 2003
        That was me! Thank you very much!

        > I recall someone was looking for information on hemp
        > use. I'm still waiting for my boss to remember to
        > bring the research book with the maps of hemp's spread
        > through the world and the approximate dates...
        >
        > but in the mean time (and looking for something
        > different) I stumbled across a few papers that may
        > interest you.
        >
        > Contemp Rev. 1972;220(1276):252-7.
        > A social history of the use of cannabis sativa.
        > Hindmarch I.
        > Publication Types: Historical Article
        > PMID: 11631818 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
        >

        > Indian J Hist Sci. 1981 May;16(1):31-5.
        > Medicinal use of opium and cannabis in medieval India.
        > Chaturvedi GN, Tiwari SK, Rai NP.
        > Publication Types: Historical Article
        > PMID: 11611777 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
        >

        > Indian J Hist Sci. 1981, recu 1982;16(1):31-5.
        > Medicinal use of opium and cannabis in Medieval India.
        > Chaturvedi GN, Tiwari SK, Rai NP.
        > Publication Types: Historical Article
        > PMID: 11611267 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
        >
        > -Kataryna

        "History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our death, but scorns
        to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive. It knows the names of the
        king's bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat. This is the way of
        human folly." -- Jean-Henri Fabre
      • Susan Koziel
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 18, 2003
          I'm still waiting on the maps....
          My boss lent out the book... so now it's floating
          around the local various university profs labs.
          Hopefully by Wednesday. Sigh.
          If you want any other technical info on the plant,
          I'll be happy to share.... I'll be playing with Hemp
          bast fibres in a few weeks. If anyone has worked with
          flax (or hemp) Bast - could they contact me private
          (kataryna_dragonweaver @ yahoo.com - remove the
          spaces).
          Thanks.
          -Kataryna

          --- jenne@... wrote:

          > That was me! Thank you very much!
          >
          > > I recall someone was looking for information on
          > hemp
          > > use. I'm still waiting for my boss to remember to
          > > bring the research book with the maps of hemp's
          > spread
          > > through the world and the approximate dates...
          > >
          > > but in the mean time (and looking for something
          > > different) I stumbled across a few papers that may
          > > interest you.
          > >
          > > Contemp Rev. 1972;220(1276):252-7.
          > > A social history of the use of cannabis sativa.
          > > Hindmarch I.
          > > Publication Types: Historical Article
          > > PMID: 11631818 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
          > >

          > > Indian J Hist Sci. 1981 May;16(1):31-5.
          > > Medicinal use of opium and cannabis in medieval
          > India.
          > > Chaturvedi GN, Tiwari SK, Rai NP.
          > > Publication Types: Historical Article
          > > PMID: 11611777 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
          > >

          > > Indian J Hist Sci. 1981, recu 1982;16(1):31-5.
          > > Medicinal use of opium and cannabis in Medieval
          > India.
          > > Chaturvedi GN, Tiwari SK, Rai NP.
          > > Publication Types: Historical Article
          > > PMID: 11611267 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
          > >
          > > -Kataryna
          > >

          > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          > >

          > -- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika
          > jenne@...
          > "History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet
          > our death, but scorns
          > to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive. It
          > knows the names of the
          > king's bastards but cannot tell us the origin of
          > wheat. This is the way of
          > human folly." -- Jean-Henri Fabre

        • Wojtek Wilk
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 20, 2003
            Hi,
            I was looking for this information on SIG list:)
            Thanks. I am interested in the inlay that was used on the
            turn of the 14th century in Poland. Yes yes...its is very
            specific question:)
            Wojtek from Poland

            To: Slavic Interest Group
            <sig@yahoogroups.com>
            From: <jenne@...>
            Date sent: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 11:40:24 -0400
            (EDT)
            Subject: Re: [sig] Hemp
            Send reply to: sig@yahoogroups.com

            That was me! Thank you very much!

            > I recall someone was looking for information on hemp
            > use. I'm still waiting for my boss to remember to
            > bring the research book with the maps of hemp's spread
            > through the world and the approximate dates...
            >
            > but in the mean time (and looking for something
            > different) I stumbled across a few papers that may
            > interest you.
            >
            > Contemp Rev. 1972;220(1276):252-7.
            > A social history of the use of cannabis sativa.
            > Hindmarch I.
            > Publication Types: Historical Article
            > PMID: 11631818 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
            >

            > Indian J Hist Sci. 1981 May;16(1):31-5.
            > Medicinal use of opium and cannabis in medieval India.
            > Chaturvedi GN, Tiwari SK, Rai NP.
            > Publication Types: Historical Article
            > PMID: 11611777 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
            >

            > Indian J Hist Sci. 1981, recu 1982;16(1):31-5.
            > Medicinal use of opium and cannabis in Medieval India.
            > Chaturvedi GN, Tiwari SK, Rai NP.
            > Publication Types: Historical Article
            > PMID: 11611267 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
            >
            > -Kataryna

            -- Pani Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika
            jenne@...
            "History celebrates the battlefields whereon we meet our
            death, but scorns
            to speak of the plowed fields whereby we thrive. It
            knows the names of the
            king's bastards but cannot tell us the origin of wheat.
            This is the way of
            human folly." -- Jean-Henri Fabre

            ------------------------ Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ---------------
            ------~-->
            Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for Your HP, Epson,
            Canon or Lexmark
            Printer at Myinks.com. Free s/h on orders $50 or more
            to the US & Canada.
            http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
            http://us.click.yahoo.com/l.m7sD/LIdGAA/qnsNAA/PJ_
            qlB/TM
          • Kataryna Dragonweaver
            Message 5 of 19 , Feb 6, 2004
              I now have the maps of hemp dispersal and history.
              I will be posting them to the web site shortly.
              The first couple of .jpgs are the title page and contents page of the
              book that this info is from.
              -Kataryna