name problems

  • Tatiana
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 29, 1999
      I'm trying to formulate a period name from around what is now western
      Ukraine (at 1300) and, so far, have come up with Tat'ianka Mikhaila doch'
      Myn�ka using Paul's notes. Am I close at all? I expect several changes
      such as dochka instead of doch' considering the language difference, etc.
      Can anyone help? I'm lost...

      http://www.MyOwnEmail.com
    • MHoll@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 30, 1999
        Relax! Don't worry about language! Around 1300, as far as we are concerned,
        there were no significant language differences. Defining regional variants in
        naming styles, for that period of time, is too difficult to worry about.

        <Tat'ianka Mikhaila doch'> is fine. For <Myn�ka>, I'd have to check, so hang
        on unless someone beats me to it.

        BTW, you don't NEED more than two parts to your name, either to create a good
        period name, or to register it.

        Predslava Vydrina (and that's all),
        a period and duly registered name.