Re: Light weight linen, cold habits & Polish vest

  • Su Ralston
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 26, 2003
      Yana replied to someone looking for stiffer draping linen -
      I've had very good luck working with www.fabrics-store.com... they sometimes
      have "doggie bags", short cuts of linen at a discount, and sometimes have
      heavier weights (5.3 oz and heavier) in jacquard/brocaded patterns. They
      will also send up to five samples FREE.

      Judwiga wrote:
      >In Tilke and at least one other book that I cant remember by name, I have
      seen a Vest. <snipped>

      First - where in Caid do you live?
      Second - if you could find the name of the second book, and both page
      numbers it would be appreciated.

      Thanks in advance,
      Su of the Silver Horn, Caid
      Su Ralston, Fullerton, CA
    • jenne@fiedlerfamily.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 26, 2003
        > Yana replied to someone looking for stiffer draping linen -
        > I've had very good luck working with www.fabrics-store.com... they sometimes
        > have "doggie bags", short cuts of linen at a discount, and sometimes have
        > heavier weights (5.3 oz and heavier) in jacquard/brocaded patterns. They
        > will also send up to five samples FREE.

        Oh, by the way, have you tried hemp for a stiffer drape?

        "What don't die can't live. What don't live can't change. What don't
        change can't learn." -- Terry Pratchett, _Lords and Ladies_