Re: paratroops and silk undies

  • Rick Orli
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 25, 2003
      Somewhat related: Pasek fighting in Denmark and writing in 1660 noted
      with fascination that the Danes sleep buck naked, and consider
      wearing garments in bed to be quite unhealthful and just a way to get
      fleas into bed, (whereas Poles sleep in shirts).

      Somewhat unrelated: my 3YO son insists on taking off every stich of
      clothes including his socks before he will do 'dookies'. Because
      this is somewhat inconvenient, I studied up on the matter. On
      inquiry, I was surprized to learn that that was fairly common
      behaviour among toddlers, and that even some adults prefer to do
      that. When I was in the 7th grade I learned in the locker room that a
      good friend was a member of a large and otherwise apparently normal
      american family who were all underwear-free (after a bit
      of 'socilization' by his peers he later always wore underwear, at
      least on gym days). I mention these tidbits to show that underwear
      and clothes issues are a matter of importance to some people at a
      deeper level than many of us imagine.
      -Rick