Re: [sig] Russka

  • Alex Grant [T]
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5, 2003
      Well, fiction is exactly what it is. I heard that Ruska in Finnish means
      autumn colors.

      However, for a more believable account of Russian history before Rurik, I
      would recommend Rev. S. Lyashevsky's "Prehistoric Rus" a
      historical-archeological research, 1977 (Doistoricheskaya Rus). He looks at
      many historical sources, Byzantine, European, Asian and Slavic, s.a. the
      Book of Veles and little known chronicles of various monastic libraries.

      Alex

      > > It follows the development of early
      > > Russia from 180 AD to later centuries and is rich with chants,
      > > stories and history. You will enjoy it, and I welcome any who can
      > > correct errors.
      > >

      > How can it follow something for which there exists no documents and no
      > information? The title alone, which is not Russian in any recognizable
      pattern,
      > turns me off.
      >
      > Predslava.
    • Kinjal of Moravia
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5, 2003
        --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, MHoll@a... wrote:
        > In a message dated 6/5/2003 11:20:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
        > gusarimagic@r... writes:
        >
        > > It follows the development of early
        > > Russia from 180 AD to later centuries and is rich with chants,
        > > stories and history. You will enjoy it, and I welcome any who
        can
        > > correct errors.
        > >

        > How can it follow something for which there exists no documents
        and no
        > information? The title alone, which is not Russian in any
        recognizable pattern,
        > turns me off.
        >
        > Predslava.

        Sorry, my posting was meant for enjoyment only. Published by
        Banlantine Books in 1991. ISBN 0-8041-0972-9

        Library of Congress # 90-34457. Also released by Crown Publishers.

        The title is ficticious, but apparently a town of that name once
        existed, somewhere near Suzdal.