Re: [sig] Russka

  • MHoll@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 5 10:28 AM
      In a message dated 6/5/2003 11:20:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
      gusarimagic@... writes:

      > It follows the development of early
      > Russia from 180 AD to later centuries and is rich with chants,
      > stories and history. You will enjoy it, and I welcome any who can
      > correct errors.

      How can it follow something for which there exists no documents and no
      information? The title alone, which is not Russian in any recognizable pattern,
      turns me off.

      Predslava.

    • Alex Grant [T]
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 5 11:28 AM
        Well, fiction is exactly what it is. I heard that Ruska in Finnish means
        autumn colors.

        However, for a more believable account of Russian history before Rurik, I
        would recommend Rev. S. Lyashevsky's "Prehistoric Rus" a
        historical-archeological research, 1977 (Doistoricheskaya Rus). He looks at
        many historical sources, Byzantine, European, Asian and Slavic, s.a. the
        Book of Veles and little known chronicles of various monastic libraries.

        Alex

        > > It follows the development of early
        > > Russia from 180 AD to later centuries and is rich with chants,
        > > stories and history. You will enjoy it, and I welcome any who can
        > > correct errors.
        > >

        > How can it follow something for which there exists no documents and no
        > information? The title alone, which is not Russian in any recognizable
        pattern,
        > turns me off.
        >
        > Predslava.
      • Kinjal of Moravia
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 5 12:03 PM
          --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, MHoll@a... wrote:
          > In a message dated 6/5/2003 11:20:20 AM Central Daylight Time,
          > gusarimagic@r... writes:
          >
          > > It follows the development of early
          > > Russia from 180 AD to later centuries and is rich with chants,
          > > stories and history. You will enjoy it, and I welcome any who
          can
          > > correct errors.
          > >

          > How can it follow something for which there exists no documents
          and no
          > information? The title alone, which is not Russian in any
          recognizable pattern,
          > turns me off.
          >
          > Predslava.

          Sorry, my posting was meant for enjoyment only. Published by
          Banlantine Books in 1991. ISBN 0-8041-0972-9

          Library of Congress # 90-34457. Also released by Crown Publishers.

          The title is ficticious, but apparently a town of that name once
          existed, somewhere near Suzdal.