caftan question

  • ehalstad
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
      Greetings from Nadezhda Toranova, Voevoda Seagirta!

      I am looking for information on the style of caftan with the really high
      collar. Someone I know would like to make one, wants it to be period in style
      and cut and really doesn't care what nationality it is. Anyone got any ideas?
    • MHoll@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
        In a message dated 6/4/2003 10:52:00 AM Central Daylight Time,
        ehalstad@... writes:

        > Someone I know would like to make one, wants it to be period in style
        > and cut and really doesn't care what nationality it is.

        The Russian variant is late 17th century.

        Predslava.