Bohemian Crown Jewels going on display!!!

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
      OK folks, you heard it here first...

      The Bohemian Crown Jewels will be on display in the Old Royal Palace, Prague
      Castle, from Thursday July 3rd to Sunday July 13th only.

      This is a BIG event - to put it into perspective, the Crown Jewels were only
      put on public display 9 times during the entire 20th century!

      The Crown Jewels comprise St Wenceslas' Crown (2.5kg of iron, decorated with
      96 emeralds, sapphires and spinels, 20 large pearls and a single ruby), the
      Orb & Sceptre, and the Coronation Cloak, Belt, Maniple, Stole and ermine
      Collar.

      If anyone wants to make the effort to get over here for the event, I can
      probably arrange CHEAP (like about USD $20 / CZK 600 per night) rooms at the
      ok. 3-star hotel on the square here in Roudnice - we're 20 miles/30km north
      of Prague (30 mins by car, 45 mins by bus, 1 hour by train to Prague).

      Cheers!

      Alastair

      Alastair Millar BSc (Hons) - alastair@...
      Translation & Consultancy for the Heritage Industry
      P.O. Box 11, CZ 413 01 Roudnice, Czech Republic
    • Patricia Hefner
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 4, 2003
        I wish I could come see this! There are too many interesting things going
        on. :-)

        Isabelle