RE: [sig] Digest Number 1187

  • Laura Todd
    Message 1 of 3 , May 26, 2003
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Anthony J. Bryant [mailto:ajbryant@...]
      Sent: Monday, May 26, 2003 12:27 PM
      To: sig@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [sig] Digest Number 1187

      Leya napisala:

      > My biggest concern is whether people today, especially in the Orthodox and
      > Slavic communities, would get offended by my not too flatering portrayal.
      Do
      > people view him as a saint who changed his ways? Wouldn't want to get
      anyone
      > angry... :-}

      I sure as heck would. Unless the proper perspective is in place, that is.
      The Orthodox view is that there is *repentence* and *redemption*; if you
      ignore that aspect of St. Vladimir's life, you'll probably cheese off the
      Orthodox (like yours truly).

      Thanks for your reply. On the other hand, Vladimir is viewed as a human
      being, is he not? (I don't really understand what a "saint" is supposed to
      be.)

      Others have already pointed out the inaccuracy of the pedophile profile you
      indicate <G>.

      Actually I am kind of puzzled why this characterization has survived, if the
      Church was the one keeping records.

      Thanks,
      Leya