Re: Clothing in the Court of Dracula

  • Kinjal of Moravia
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2003
      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, "Amy L. Hornburg Heilveil"
      <aheilvei@u...> wrote:

      > consentration of the 'Ottoman' influence will not be as productive
      as 'Seljuk'and 'Mongolian' directions. Also consider Marmauk and
      Thracian influence

      My research into Kievian culture has led me thinking that there was
      no specific dress, each wearing what worked for their task.

      You may also want to explore the writings if St. Elizabeth of
      Hungary, thogh she is of an earlier peirod.
      > "
      Kinjal
    • Jeanne Papanastasiou
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2003
        He was raised for many years among the Turks so certainly they influenced
        him in many regards. However, he also hated them and fought against them
        all his
        life so the question is always; Did he adopt their fashions because
        they were comfortable and familiar or did he reject them utterly
        because he hated them?

        Remember the adage, we become what we hate/loathe.

        Soffya Appollonia Tudja
        http://www.aeonline.biz/Links.htm
        three fleur-de-lys Or

      • jenne@fiedlerfamily.net
        Message 3 of 8 , May 2, 2003
          > You may also want to explore the writings if St. Elizabeth of
          > Hungary, thogh she is of an earlier peirod.

          *blink* I wasn't aware St. Elizabeth of Hungary had written anything! Do
          you know the titles?

          -- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa jenne@...
          "I'm tired. I'm tired of feeling rejected by the American people. I'm
          tired of waking up in the middle of the night worrying about the war."
          -- L.B. Johnson
        • Alexandreina Dragos
          Message 4 of 8 , May 2, 2003
            --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, abbondanza <delacroi29@y...> wrote:
            > Alexandreina,
            >
            > A few ideas to aid you in your pursuit of an educational
            > adventure ;)

            *snippage*
            Wonderful ideas all! Thank you! I'll let you know what I find.
            Regards,
            Reina