Re: Slavic bowing?

  • Dmitriy Ryaboy
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 4, 2003
      Baroness Anastasia wrote:
      > I read that the hand over the heart was Persian. The
      > Russian way is from the waist with arms and hands to
      > the side.
      > Alex, what do you say???
      > Baroness Anstasia>

      Not Alex, but also a native -- I've only seen/heard what Liudmila
      described. Unless there's been a cultural revolution I am not aware of
      during the last couple of years..

      From personal experience, one better have a strong lower back if
      performing this in a hat-heavy region :).

      I don't think the heel-clicking is appropriate for most of the period
      due to, well, lack of heels. This hurts when done in leather
      turnshoes! :)
      A lot of folks seem to be doing 16th century here, though, it might be
      ok for that time -- not my period of interest, so I can't give you any
      input.

      -Dmitriy
    • LiudmilaV@aol.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 4, 2003
        In a message dated 4/4/2003 1:32:50 PM Pacific Standard Time,
        stasiwa@... writes:

        > Before you get yourself all worked up, I would remind
        > you that no ones OPINION should be treated as Gospel.
        > Not yours, not mine, not anyones. We have on this page
        > my opinion, and your opinion, I only thought to get
        > Alex's opinion because he is there.

        Your Excellency,

        I might be wrong, but I assumed you wanted Alex's opinion because he is
        Russian. Therefore, I chose to remind you that my opinion is based on being a
        native of that land as well. I never said it was "Gospel" -- in fact, I said
        it was an extrapolation. That's why I would also like to know what Alex
        thinks (once we straightened out polite bowing from archery equipment), since
        he might have access to some info I can no longer obtain.

        Liudmila