RE: [sig] Names

  • goldschp@mailbag.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2003
      > Thanks. The reason I used the -vicha was mostly because I was not sure what
      > else to use.

      Why not consult the online version of Wickenden. It may only be the 2nd
      edition but the section on creating feminine patronymics correctly is pretty
      much like the 3rd edition:

      http://www.sca.org/heraldry/paul/

      > P.S. just as a side note, would it be plausible for me to just use Katerina
      > Sina, if I cannot find anything else I like?

      How about Katerina Sinaia?? That would be a given name and an adjectival
      byname which would get you around the horrid name-byname straitjacket of SCA
      naming rules.

      -- Paul