Re: [sig] language help

  • MHoll@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 5, 2003
      As far as I can tell, it is Ukrainian. However, I found it difficult to get a good Ukrainian-English dictionary: many missing words -- I wonder how the compilers decided on what to include!

      Predslava
    • LiudmilaV@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5, 2003
        In a message dated 3/4/2003 11:48:14 PM Pacific Standard Time,
        eclipsek@... writes:

        > If someone can ID what language it's written in or even help translate
        > I'd be indebted

        It is Ukrainian, but it contains words that might be unlikely in a typical
        dictionary.I can read Ukrainian, but unfortunately I am very busy with
        several projects right now. If you can wait until April, I might b e able to
        help with the translation.

        Liudmila

      • eclipsek@telusplanet.net
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2003
          Greetings Liudmila,
          Thanks for the offer.
          I can wait until after April if need be.
          It's been sitting with my aunt since last year. She also translates Ukrainian
          for the locals in her area - however she's been swamped.
          I'll work on what I can, and if I manage to get it sorted out before April,
          I'll post about it.
          :)
          -Kataryna
        • petite_moitan
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 11 9:47 PM
            To: Kataryna, specifically, but everyone else as well.

            I couldn't find your image (then again, it was in 2003), but maybe
            this will help you. Before You Know It, a downloadable language
            program, has 42 languages to learn from:

            Albanian
            Arabic
            Armenian
            Azerbaijani
            Belorussian
            Bulgarian
            Chinese
            Chinese for Business
            Croatian
            Czech
            Danish
            Dutch
            Farsi
            Finnish
            French
            French for Business
            Georgian
            German
            Greek
            Hebrew
            Hindi
            Hungarian
            Indonesian
            Irish
            Italian
            Japanese
            Kazakh
            Korean
            Latin
            Macedonian
            Malay
            Norwegian
            Polish
            Portuguese (Brazilian)
            Portuguese (European)
            Romanian
            Russian
            Serbian
            Slovak
            Spanish
            Spanish for Business
            Swedish
            Tagalog (Filipino)
            Turkish
            Turkmen
            Ukrainian
            Uzbek
            Vietnamese

            here's the website:
            http://www.byki.com/FLSIndPage.pl?Lang=GA11&engine=adwords!9236&keyword=before+you+know+it&match_type=&gclid=CLWVi5Ti1YwCFRAjgAodnAPwpQ

            Good Luck Kataryna and anyone else who sees this,
            Christine