Re: Russian museums

  • Michael Suggs <mlsuggs@direcway.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2003
      Vsem-

      While on an 'excursion' to a museum in DC today, I asked the
      instructor of the Russian class I'm in, and she told me that
      they frequently sell books/"catalogs" at the museum, they can
      be found less expensively at regular bookstores. Erm, the books
      can, that is. :)

      While on the topic, as part of my current job, I'll be doing
      quite a bit of travelling to the Former Soviet Union, particularly
      to Moscow and to Tashkent, Uzbekistan... I'd be happy to try
      to track down info for people, although I can't make promises about
      success rates... I *do* intend to hit as many museums as I can
      find, and take pictures when they'll let me, and 'interrogate'
      the curators about their holdings wherever possible. :) Does
      anyone who's been to Moscow or Tashkent have any suggestions for
      good places to start? Much thanks in advance...

      YIS,
      Mikhail Pavlov-syn Novgorodets
      MKA Michael Suggs
      Lochmere/Bright Hills, Atlantia

      --- In sig@yahoogroups.com, vasalisa@j... wrote:
      > My husband and I are going to Russia this summer and I had a
      question about Russian museums. In the UK and USA, every museum
      worth the name has an attached book/gift shop which has at least
      some pictures etc of the exhibits. Would this also be true of
      Russia? I am not a great photographer and do not know if I will
      make it back to Russia.