Name Construction Help

  • Kitty O'Neal
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2002
      I'm working on getting my name registered, and am wondering, would Kat'ryna
      Stepanova doch' be a feasible construct for the 13th century? Likewise,
      would Ekaterina Iana (or would it be Ianeva?) Stepanova doch' be okay for
      the 16th?

      Many thanks,

      Kat'ryna

      Called Kitty by those scared to pronounce her Russian name
      (speaking of which, what would the phonetic spellings of those two names
      be?)
    • yanajenn <yana@merr.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2002
        Kat'ryna wrote:

        > I'm working on getting my name registered, and am wondering, would
        Kat'ryna
        > Stepanova doch' be a feasible construct for the 13th century?
        Likewise,
        > would Ekaterina Iana (or would it be Ianeva?) Stepanova doch' be
        okay for
        > the 16th?

        I'm not the best person to comment on the construction of the name,
        but that "Iana" part has *got* to go!

        --Yana <grumble, grumble, I'm the only Yana, grumble, grumble>

        PS. Good luck trying to pass "Iana" all by itself. I've been trying
        to find a way to pass variants for about 12 years... You could be
        daughter of Ian, though (Ianeva/Ianevna or Ianova/Ianovna, not sure
        which, my spelling rules have jumped out the window).
      • Kitty O'Neal
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 2002
          *grin* It's intended to mean 'Ekaterina, daughter of Ian Stepanov'. Don't
          worry about your 'Yana' being challenged... I'll always be Kitty.

          *sigh*

          Kat'ryna Stepanova
          (Ah... Simple, and demonstrably from the same period... I hope.)