Now available from Columbia University Press

  • Lara Baker-Olin
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2002
      A librarian friend of mine alerted me to this newly
      published book. I thought I'd pass it along.

      http://www.columbia.edu/cu/cup/catalog/data/088033/0880335033.HTM

      Hungary Under the Early Arpads, 890s to 1063
      Z.J. Kosztolnyik

      $63.00
      cloth
      520 pages

      ISBN: 0-88033-503-3

      A distinguished scholar of medieval history covers the
      early history of the Magyars, their migration to and
      settlement in the mid-Danubian region, the clash of
      the Roman Church with the hierarchy of the emerging
      German empire over Pannonia, the marauding ventures in
      the Latin West and the Byzantine southeast, the
      emergence of the Hungarian regnum under King St.
      Stephen, Hungarian law and domestic turmoil in the
      earlier half of the eleventh century and the reign of
      Andrew I and Bela I.

      About the Author

      Z. J. Kosztolnyik is professor of history at Texas A&M
      University and the author of five books, most recently
      Hungary in the Thirteenth Century

      Khalja

      =====
      Khalja khorkhoi, Baron´┐Ż An Tir, GdS, JdL, etc
      Ulfredshiem, An Tir
      www.currentmiddleages.org/ulfredsheim/

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com