Re: name help

  • janeravenswood
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 26, 2002
      I just was doing the same thing recently. At least in later period
      Hungary, last names or by-names were generally descriptive or
      locative i.e. "Anasztazia the Fox" or "Anasztazia from a certain
      city". They can also be based on your father's name.
      The folks at http://www.s-gabriel.org/docs/ were a really wonderful
      help. There are several documents about constructing Hungarian
      names. If you go to their home page, you can search prior research
      they've done. If you search for "Durko", you can see the research
      they did for me (report# 2522). The search is slow but it's worth to
      see what they've done.

      Darka (an alternate, though not documentable to period, spelling for
      Durko)

      --- In sig@y..., "Amie Mischell Tiffany" <noloveforyou1999@y...>