Costumes of the East

  • Jeanne
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2002
      Costumes of the East by Walter A Fairservis, Jr. (The American Museum of
      Natural History)

      I purchased this book hoping they'd be Hungarian costumes and there aren't
      any. If anyone is interested in purchasing it from me for the price I paid
      ($25) plus shipping costs, email me privately.

      Soffya Tudja
      Magyar Ajándékok
      http://www.aeonline.biz/Magyar.htm
      Order of St. Roche
      Incipient Canton of Sudentur
      Barony of Stierbach
      Kingdom of Atlantia

    • eclipsek
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2002
        What costumes are in there?
        -Kataryna

        Jeanne wrote:

        > Costumes of the East by Walter A Fairservis, Jr. (The American Museum of
        > Natural History)
        >
        > I purchased this book hoping they'd be Hungarian costumes and there aren't
        > any. If anyone is interested in purchasing it from me for the price I
        > paid
        > ($25) plus shipping costs, email me privately.
        >
        > Soffya Tudja
        > Magyar Ajándékok
        > http://www.aeonline.biz/Magyar.htm
        > Order of St. Roche
        > Incipient Canton of Sudentur
        > Barony of Stierbach
        > Kingdom of Atlantia

        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>.

      • Jeanne
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 7, 2002
          It states that the collection began in the 1850s to preserve history, but it
          goes into discussions of each ethnic costumes

          Contents say:

          The Asian Setting
          Circles of Ethnohistory
          Balkans, Caucasus, Ukraine
          Near East
          Iran (Persia) Afghanistan
          Central Asia
          India Pakistan
          High Borderlands, Kashmir, Nepal, Sikkim Bhutan
          Tibet
          SE Asia
          China
          Japan Korea
          SE Siberia, Manchuria, Hokkaido, Bonins
          Siberia

          Soffya
        • Duncan Blackthorne
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 9, 2002
            Does it contain anything from Dubrovnik/Ragusa, Croatia, or the
            surrounding areas? I might be interested...