New Member - introduction and request for help

  • Shawn Caza
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2002
      I have just joined the group and would like to introduce myself.

      I am not an SCA member, although I know a little about it as I
      attended meetings in Toronto around 15 years ago. I am interested in
      this area of the world from my studies and my work. I did a BA in
      Soviet and East European studies and an MA in Russian History. I
      currently work in Bosnia and Herzegovina.

      I am in the middle of a large research project on the history of
      maces. I would like the help of members in this area. I have plenty
      of general information as I have been conducting research for over a
      year. However, I lack access to a good library in Sarajevo.

      I am looking for any information about specific archeological finds
      of maces in central and eastern europe. If you know of any
      information in an article, museum catalogue etc. please let me know.

      Also, I am trying to find a few books and have had no luck so far.

      Yu.S. Khudyanov, Vooruzheniye Srednevekovikh Yuzhnoi Sibiri i
      Tseltralnoi Asii.

      A.N. Kirpichnikov, Drenvierusskoe Oruzhie.

      M.P. Gryaznov, The Ancient Civilizaions of South Siberia.

      D. Petkovic, Dubrovacko Oruzje u XIV veku.

      I also collect maces.

      Shawn Caza