Re: [sig] Repost: Need garb help badly!

  • Patricia Hefner
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2002
      Actually.......when you find something let me know OK? I found some Croatian stuff but it seems to be OOP!!! Darn!

      Isabelle
      Hello again all,

      Did anyone even SEE the message I posted below, or does no one have
      any information to offer me on the subject? I'd find it hard to
      believe that no one has any resources to offer!

      --- In sig@y..., "Duncan Blackthorne" <duncanblackthorne@y...> wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > I'm trying to research garb for 14th to 15th century Dubrovnik
      > (Ragusa) and could really use some help!

    • Shawn Caza
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
        I have a book called Odelo i Oruzje (clothing and weapons) by Dr.
        Pavle Vasic published in Belgrade in 1992. It is in Serbo-Croat in
        the latin alphabet. It has lots of illustrations but tries to cover
        all of European history. It has an obvious slant towards the former
        Yugoslavia. I did not see any Ragusan costme from that era after a
        quick thumb through it but it may have something I missd or some text.

        I am happy to part with it if anyone wants it for the $10 I paid for
        it (plus mailing).

        Other than that I would say in my limited knowledge that you are
        pretty safe with any Italian, especially Venetian fashion of that era
        for use in "Dubrovnik".

        Shawn
      • Duncan Blackthorne
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
          Many thanks for looking at what you have; I think I might be
          interested in that book even if it doesn't have specific information,
          it does however have information on the *surrounding* area, which may
          actually be relevant.

          D.