Repost: Need garb help badly!

  • Duncan Blackthorne
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
      Hello again all,

      Did anyone even SEE the message I posted below, or does no one have
      any information to offer me on the subject? I'd find it hard to
      believe that no one has any resources to offer!

      --- In sig@y..., "Duncan Blackthorne" <duncanblackthorne@y...> wrote:
      > Hello all,
      >
      > I'm trying to research garb for 14th to 15th century Dubrovnik
      > (Ragusa) and could really use some help!
    • Patricia Hefner
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2002
        Actually.......when you find something let me know OK? I found some Croatian stuff but it seems to be OOP!!! Darn!

        Isabelle
        Hello again all,

        Did anyone even SEE the message I posted below, or does no one have
        any information to offer me on the subject? I'd find it hard to
        believe that no one has any resources to offer!

        --- In sig@y..., "Duncan Blackthorne" <duncanblackthorne@y...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > I'm trying to research garb for 14th to 15th century Dubrovnik
        > (Ragusa) and could really use some help!

      • Shawn Caza
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
          I have a book called Odelo i Oruzje (clothing and weapons) by Dr.
          Pavle Vasic published in Belgrade in 1992. It is in Serbo-Croat in
          the latin alphabet. It has lots of illustrations but tries to cover
          all of European history. It has an obvious slant towards the former
          Yugoslavia. I did not see any Ragusan costme from that era after a
          quick thumb through it but it may have something I missd or some text.

          I am happy to part with it if anyone wants it for the $10 I paid for
          it (plus mailing).

          Other than that I would say in my limited knowledge that you are
          pretty safe with any Italian, especially Venetian fashion of that era
          for use in "Dubrovnik".

          Shawn
        • Duncan Blackthorne
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
            Many thanks for looking at what you have; I think I might be
            interested in that book even if it doesn't have specific information,
            it does however have information on the *surrounding* area, which may
            actually be relevant.

            D.