Need garb help badly!

  • Duncan Blackthorne
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2002
      Hello all,

      I'm trying to research garb for 14th to 15th century Dubrovnik
      (Ragusa) and could really use some help!
    • Duncan Blackthorne
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2002
        Hello again all,

        Did anyone even SEE the message I posted below, or does no one have
        any information to offer me on the subject? I'd find it hard to
        believe that no one has any resources to offer!

        --- In sig@y..., "Duncan Blackthorne" <duncanblackthorne@y...> wrote:
        > Hello all,
        >
        > I'm trying to research garb for 14th to 15th century Dubrovnik
        > (Ragusa) and could really use some help!
      • Patricia Hefner
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 5, 2002
          Actually.......when you find something let me know OK? I found some Croatian stuff but it seems to be OOP!!! Darn!

          Isabelle
          Hello again all,

          Did anyone even SEE the message I posted below, or does no one have
          any information to offer me on the subject? I'd find it hard to
          believe that no one has any resources to offer!

          --- In sig@y..., "Duncan Blackthorne" <duncanblackthorne@y...> wrote:
          > Hello all,
          >
          > I'm trying to research garb for 14th to 15th century Dubrovnik
          > (Ragusa) and could really use some help!

        • Shawn Caza
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
            I have a book called Odelo i Oruzje (clothing and weapons) by Dr.
            Pavle Vasic published in Belgrade in 1992. It is in Serbo-Croat in
            the latin alphabet. It has lots of illustrations but tries to cover
            all of European history. It has an obvious slant towards the former
            Yugoslavia. I did not see any Ragusan costme from that era after a
            quick thumb through it but it may have something I missd or some text.

            I am happy to part with it if anyone wants it for the $10 I paid for
            it (plus mailing).

            Other than that I would say in my limited knowledge that you are
            pretty safe with any Italian, especially Venetian fashion of that era
            for use in "Dubrovnik".

            Shawn
          • Duncan Blackthorne
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
              Many thanks for looking at what you have; I think I might be
              interested in that book even if it doesn't have specific information,
              it does however have information on the *surrounding* area, which may
              actually be relevant.

              D.