note from moderator

  • Yana
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 23, 2002
      Looks like it is time again to reiterate the rules of this discussion list.

      1. Clip your posts.
      I am going to be cracking down on offenders again. Posts do not have to
      include any quoted material at all, as long as the subject line is the
      same. If you do choose to quote a previous message, only include the
      relevant parts, NOT the entire message. If your post is consistently
      shorter than what you are replying to, then I will moderate your posts and
      edit them to a proper length until you get the idea.

      2. No flaming.
      This includes nasty come-backs, snide remarks, and any personal
      attacks. If you have a problem, take it off the List. If you violate this
      rule, your messages will be moderated and I get the power to decide whether
      or not you can post at all.

      3. Off-topic and out-of-period posts are not encouraged.
      This List is not for event announcements, unless they are of a Slavic
      bent. Even then, a brief mention and contact information is all that
      should be posted. We can all get more extensive event information from our
      local Kingdom and group email lists or newsletters.
      Please do not post the latest joke, the latest cool website, the latest
      whatever, unless it has some relevance to what we discuss here. Chatting
      with each other and being social is fine (and intended), but try to limit
      it to the topic at hand.

      4. If you don't have something nice to say...
      Critiquing someone' else's work/posting/opinion is fine, criticizing it is
      not. We are here to play and further research into SCA-period Slavic
      culture. We are not here to show up another person, we are here to help
      one another and share information. There are many different levels of
      expertise, interest, and focus on this List. If you have different
      information than someone else, please share it, but do not put the other
      person's work down. Remember that we were all beginners (and still are, to
      many extents) once upon a time.

      --Yana Groznaia