Spiš (Spis) Castle in Slovakia and Csáky family

  • webeccacawol
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 22, 2002
      Hi all,

      Does anyone know about Spiš (Spis) Castle?

      About 100 miles NE of Budapest, in Slovakia, is Spiš (Spis) Castle
      (Spišský hrad), which according to http://www.spisskyhrad.sk/en.html
      was the home of the Csáky family from about 1636 until the end of the
      17th century.

      Would anyone suggest how to research Spiš Castle? Is the Spisska area
      in Transylvania, or is Transylvania just in the western part of
      Romania? What would be the local language around Spis Castle?

      I can puzzle through Russian, French or Spanish, and haven't had much
      luck at all with Hungarian, however I will greatly appreciate any and
      all suggested resources.

      Thank you!

      Rebecca Chaky
    • Marilee Humason
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 22, 2002
        Hi,
        I visited Spis Castle last summer when my mom and I
        went to Slovakia.It is not in Transylvania it is
        defiantely in Slovakia. I can xerox some of my stuff
        and send it to you if you like.
        Let me know,
        Baroness Anastasia

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com/