Re: [sig] Russian Titles

  • Yana
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
      The official chart for SCA titles can be found at:
      <http://medievalrussia.freeservers.com>. Just look under the subject
      heading "SCA titles" (or something close to that...). "Lord" is
      "posadnik," by the way.

      --Yana

      >Greetings all...
      >
      >I have recently received my AOA and was wondering what the Russian title
      >for a Lord is.
      >
      >Vlakh
      >corgano@...
    • Danks Cole
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 7, 2002
        According to the site you gave me it's Pomestnik.
        Would it go in fron tof the name? After? Someplace else? just so i have
        it right..8)

        Thanks for the congrats Vasha...8)

        Vlakh
        corgano@...

      • yana@merr.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 7, 2002
          Pomestnik is correct, and I would have told you that if I had actually
          looked it up and not worked from memory (doh!). Goes in front of the name,
          but my reputation is shattered now, so let's check in with the rest of the
          group. Anyone else think of reasons it might go after the name or anywhere
          else?

          --Yana ;-)

          --------------------------------

          http://mail2web.com/ .
        • MHoll@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 7, 2002
            In a message dated 10/7/2002 3:51:07 PM Central Daylight Time, yana@...
            writes:

            > Anyone else think of reasons it might go after the name or anywhere
            > else?

            I could muddy the waters and find reasons... But to keep things simple, keep
            the title first (any other order would put emphasis here or there and imply
            things).

            Besides, I'm feeling lazy and I don't want to work.

            Predslava.

          • Alexey Kiyaikin
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 7, 2002
              Greetings!
              > According to the site you gave me it's Pomestnik.
              Sorry for interrupting - is it a R u s s i a n word?

              > Would it go in fron tof the name? After? Someplace else? just so i have
              > it right..8)

              bye,
              Alex