Re: korobushka question

  • Ilona Vadas
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2002
      Somebody has already made the point that not only is Korobushka out
      of period but that it isn't actually a dance either, it has merely
      had a dance associated with it due to a stage performance. So, the
      music isn't period, the dance isn't period... and I've seen this
      dance done to..... brace yourselves.... Mortal Kombat! Yes, AT an
      SCA event. There's a lady who is a dear friend who occassionally
      stages a "Fool's Ball" where she teaches the dance to the "correct"
      music and then everyone dances it to some totally off the wall modern
      song she's selected. Part of me is always totally appalled by this.
      Yet I must confess that "the Korobushka" DOES look pretty darn cool
      when done to Mortal Kombat! LOL
      Regards,
      Ilona Vadas