Fw: new BG arch issues

  • Alastair Millar
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 12, 2002
      This message - which I have edited fairly extensively of material
      irrelevant to this list - has recently appeared on several archaeology
      mailing lists:

      >Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 15:39:38 +0200
      >From: "Lyudmil Vagalinski" <LVagalin@...-link.com>
      >Subject: new BG arch issues
      >
      >Dear Madame/ Sir,
      >
      >perhaps You will be interested in the following titles:
      >
      >Title: BURNISHED POTTERY FROM THE FIRST CENTURY TO THE BEGINNING OF THE
      >SEVENTH CENTURY AD FROM THE REGION SOUTH OF THE LOWER DANUBE (Bulgaria)
      >ISBN 954-90387-5-X
      >Author: Lyudmil F. Vagalinski
      >Publication date: August 2002
      >Price: USD 23, inlc. postage (surface)
      >Annotation: first attempt in SE Europe to systematize this kind of
      >conrtoversial pottery whose ethnic affiliation is still "the apple of
      >discord" in European archaeology; bilingual - English and Bulgarian; 20 X
      28
      >cm, paperback, 200 pp. incl. 1 map and 49 tables

      [ snip ]

      >The 17th issue (6, 2002/3) of ARCHAEOLOGIA BULGARICA has just been
      >printed. Its contents:

      [ snip ]

      >Bospachieva, M.: A Small Early Christian Basilica with Mosaics at
      >Philippopolis
      >
      >Gerassimova, V.: Zwei fruehchristliche Stifterinschriften aus der kleinen
      >Basilika in Plovdiv (Philippopolis)

      [ snip ]

      >Curta, F.: Mitrea, I.: Village Communities East of the Carpathian
      Mountains
      >During The Migration Period. The Davideni Settlement, Fifth to Seventh C
      AD.
      >Piatra Neamt (review)
      >
      >Title: ARCHAEOLOGIA BULGARICA
      >ISSN 1310-9537
      >Publication date: since 1997 seventeen issues have been printed. The last
      >one is VI 2002/2.

      Rather than advertise for them here, I would suggest that interested
      parties either ask me for the full message (which includes payment and
      ordering details) or contact the publisher:

      >Dr. L.F.Vagalinski, archaeologist & publisher
      >NOUS Publishers LTD, P.O.B. 1275, BG-1000 Sofia
      >Fax/Tel: +359 2/659 688, LVagalin@...-link.com

      Cheers

      Alastair