Greek Vest pattern

  • Su Ralston
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2002
      > From: "Patricia Hefner" <p.hefner@...>
      > Subject: new fabric!!!
      >
      > I just got some absolutely gorgeous Chinese brocade at the local fabric
      store! It's red and gold. Now the question is: what the heck do you do with
      the most gorgeous fabric you ever saw in your life? Screwing up is not
      exactly an option with this!! :-) I still want to make the Magyar coat but
      I'd better do a mock-up first, right? Su, I couldn't see all of the numbers
      on the Greek vest pattern at the site. Where'd you get that thing?

      > Isabelle

      "Cut My Cote" by Dorothy K. Burnham, ISBN 0-88854-046-9 reprinted in 1997...
      I think I got my latest copy through Amazon or Barnes&Noble when my original
      copy was too moldy smelly for me to work with without a major allergy
      attack. It is only 36 pages long and was less than $10 if I recall
      correctly.

      The only dimension I can see on the vest is a fabric width of 16 inches - I
      calculated everything else based on what I thought I needed for the length,
      and played with cut-out pieces and graph paper to estimate yardage
      requirements for 45 inch fabric. (A) the front and back panels are a full
      16 inches at the hem, but narrower at the shoulders, (B) is the off cut from
      (A) and (C) is the same length as either the front or back but half the
      width cut into four equal triangles...

      Su :)