new fabric!!!

  • Patricia Hefner
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2002
      I just got some absolutely gorgeous Chinese brocade at the local fabric store! It's red and gold. Now the question is: what the heck do you do with the most gorgeous fabric you ever saw in your life? Screwing up is not exactly an option with this!! :-) I still want to make the Magyar coat but I'd better do a mock-up first, right? Su, I couldn't see all of the numbers on the Greek vest pattern at the site. Where'd you get that thing?

      Isabelle

    • Diane Sawyer
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
        --- Patricia Hefner <p.hefner@...> wrote:
        > I just got some absolutely gorgeous Chinese brocade
        > at the local fabric store! It's red and gold. Now
        > the question is: what the heck do you do with the
        > most gorgeous fabric you ever saw in your life?
        > Screwing up is not exactly an option with this!! :-)
        > I still want to make the Magyar coat but I'd better
        > do a mock-up first, right? Su, I couldn't see all of
        > the numbers on the Greek vest pattern at the site.
        > Where'd you get that thing?
        >
        > Isabelle

        How much, and how wide? And I would definitely do a
        mock up, with big basting stitches, and then take the
        mock-up apart and pattern from that.

        Tasha
        pale green with envy

        http://health.yahoo.com
      • Patricia Hefner
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
          Five yards, 45 inches wide. Out with the unbleached muslin. :-) I'll chew on it while I process books at the library today.....gotta go to work.

          Isabelle

          How much, and how wide? And I would definitely do a
          mock up, with big basting stitches, and then take the
          mock-up apart and pattern from that.

          Tasha
          pale green with envy

          http://health.yahoo.com