more Magyar garb stuff

  • Patricia Hefner
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 26 3:54 PM
      I've seen quite a few pictures of period Magyar/Hungarian clothing. Some of the sources claim that they started to pleat the skirt in the thirteenth century. Some other pictures of the Carpathian-settlement area costumes show them with trim rather than those great big collars. The trim lines are shaped a bit like the collar. I'm petrified of screwing up on this. The costumes from the eleventh century might be a little less tricky, sparing me a few nervous nellies. I'm going to start working on this in a few days. Oh, yeah, can I use red velvet as trim? Was velvet ever used as trim? I have some red velvet that would look great with this light gold fabric I have for the outfit.

      Isabelle