Re: Strange request....

  • LiudmilaV@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 8, 1999
      In a message dated 10/7/1999 6:50:39 AM W. Europe Daylight Time,
      MHoll@... writes:

      << Exactly! This comes under the heading, if it can be said in a roundabout
      and
      riddling way, why say it straight? Actually, a negative like that (<ne
      pytka>, i.e. "not a torture") is a good way to say, "it's fun", as Ludmila
      Volkova pointed it out. <Priiatno> ("pleasant") is a soft, lukewarm word.
      Nothing wrong with it, but it just doesn't ring out like "ne pytka".

      Predslava

      Right! Do go with "nye pytka," now that I though about it more it seems the
      most appropriate for your purposes and sounds best in Russian.

      Liudmila Vladimirova doch', not Volkova, but that's ok and just Mila's fine
      :) -- I haven't registered it yet anyway.