Re: [sig] nursing clothing

  • MHoll@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 16, 2002
      In a message dated 7/16/2002 11:51:40 AM Central Daylight Time,
      nadjabear@... writes:

      > . I do really prefer to stick to Rus' though. As 11th
      > century, I tend to wear multiple tunics.

      I solved this problem I had (7 years ago, my goodness! Time flies!) by sewing
      an undertunic with a regular round neckline and an opening down the front,
      and an overtunic that closed in front like a coat. It seemed the logical
      thing to do and kept the pre-Mongol line.

      I did cheat: I used snaps on the undertunic (a tape of snaps, easy to put on,
      and almost invisible because you don't sew on the individual snap closures).
      If I was in a real big hurry, I just snapped the top snap closed, buttoned
      the outer tunic, and belted the whole thing. It worked.

      Nursing at events worked out just fine: it's such a period thing to do, and
      all the women thought it was cute. Everyone was very nice and accomodated me
      when I needed to change my daughter (no, I stuck with disposable diapers;
      there are limits to what I'll do for authenticity, and the comfort and health
      of my kids are definitely outside the limits).

      Good luck.
      Predslava.