Skip to search.

Re: [sig] Greetings + help please?

  • vespirus@socrates.berkeley.edu
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 15, 2002
      On Sat, 11 May 2002, Wulfgirl wrote:

      > My boyfriend and I are both in the SCA. My persona is 16th century
      > Venetian. He would like to do a persona from Dubrovnick (called
      > Ragusa in period) but we have found very little info available on
      > this region in period.

      I have about a dozen books on Ragusan history, including a couple of
      studies on Ragusan names from the middle ages. I'll try to post that
      information soon, but I'm only now getting caught up with my old e-mails
      (this reply is almost two months late!) My goal is to do a thorough
      study, and possibly a Compleat Anachronist on Ragusa because I've found so
      much useful info. I've even found some 13th century Ragusan legal
      documents in transcription that include several hundred different women's
      names.

      --Walraven van Nijmegen