Re: [sig] Other sites for Magyar fashion

  • varju@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 29, 2002
      In a message dated 6/28/02 7:49:39 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
      dvryaboy@... writes:

      > Last time the link came up, someone I trust (it was either Russ Mitchell of
      > Alex Lemeshko) said that the hat reconstruction is patently wrong, since
      > the
      > bit they show next to the guy's head as justification for it is not
      > hat-sized in real life, but rather a hat-tip (something sewn onto the end
      > of
      > the hat as decoration).
      >
      > Wish I knew what the text said ... anyone willing to translate?

      I agree on the men's hat. I've seen pictures of that metal piece elsewhere
      and it is rather small. I think the other pictures of the lower hat are
      probably more accurate, and the metal piece was just a decoration. I'm
      interested in trying the women's hat on the first link, I just need to figure
      out a pattern for it.

      I wish I could translate it, but unfortunately my Hungarian is only able to
      help me make it into the correct bathroom and ensure I don't order liver. I
      got the links from the sca-magyar list, if anyone there comes up with a
      translation I'll pass it on. (And, of course, if someone here can translate
      I'll pass it back to the Magyar list.)

      Noemi