RE: [sig] Tamga?

  • John-Joseph Bober
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2002
      > I am currently trying to look into Tamga.
      I have a couple of Polish heraldry books - in Polish, of course.
      Unfortunately I cannot remember either of the names here at
      the office, but I believe my wife ordered one of them from Amazon
      UK - search using "Herby". (my wife, a born and bread WASP,
      refers to it as "Herbie the book".

      > how many of us have decided to use them anyway?
      I, for one, have. My badge is "A horseshoe ensigned with a cross
      fitchy azure", using the cross and horseshoe motif you see throughout
      Polish heraldry. As a herald, I just tell people "if you can
      describe the Polish heraldry, in an English manner, we can pass
      it".

      Jan