Re: Sergei's Party

  • Diane S. Sawyer
    Message 1 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
      --- Danks Cole <corgano@...> wrote:
      > From: Danks Cole <corgano@...>
      >
      > Fiddlestix..that mean I have to do some more stuff
      > now? I've slacked a bit
      > do to lack of inspiration... havign some trouble
      > with the web part of the
      > Silverchannel favor too..*sigh*
      >
      > Vlakh

      LOL... no... just show me what you've done thus far...
      works in progress are cool, too. I'm still working on
      my lord's favor, too. We just created a badge
      (haven't submitted it yet), and I'd like to bead it,
      so maybe you can teach me a bit!

      (In case anyone's interested, it's Vert, goutty d'Or,
      upon a tower argent a bear rampant sable, which
      translates into a green field with gold droplets all
      over it, and a black bear rampant on a white tower.)

      Tasha
    • Danks Cole
      Message 2 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999

        "Diane S. Sawyer" wrote:

        > From: "Diane S. Sawyer" <tasha_medved@...>
        >
        > --- Danks Cole <corgano@...> wrote:
        > > From: Danks Cole <corgano@...>
        > >
        > > My Lord and I are signed up for Camp Silverchannel
        > >
        > > Vlakh
        > >
        > > "Diane S. Sawyer" wrote:
        > >

        > > > Where will people be camping? As of right now,
        > > I'm at
        > > > Herald's Camp (N1), though I might end up in N3.
        > > > Either way, it'll be central.
        > > >
        > > > Tasha
        >
        > You're in W09, which is at the back, behind the Rune
        > Stone, across Merchant's Row from me. I'm so glad
        > you're going! I look forward to seeing your beadwork!
        >
        > Tasha
        >
        > Start a new ONElist list & you can WIN great prizes!
        > http://www.onelist.com
        > See homepage for details on ONElist's new "FRIENDS & FAMILY" program.

      • Jenn/Yana
        Message 3 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
          Already posted this, but I'll keep current with the discussion.

          Paul and I will be camping with Clan Cambion (has the Stonehenge gate) at
          the corner of Brewer's and something (E15). Look for our banners. We
          should arrive Aug 9 Monday.

          Good gods Tasha, have you ever camped "downtown" before? The move of
          Herald's Camp is why we don't camp with them anymore. Noisy, noisy and not
          very pretty. But you are right, it is very central and convenient to
          everything. A short walk to the showers, the store and the marketplace.

          >> > Where will people be camping? As of right now,
          >> I'm at Herald's Camp (N1), though I might end up in N3.
          >> > Either way, it'll be central.
          >> >
          >> > Tasha

          ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
          Ilyana Barsova (Yana) jdmiller2@...
          http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2
          Slavic Interest Group http://www.uwplatt.edu/~goldschp/slavic.html
        • Danks Cole
          Message 4 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
            Hehe...if i teach you..i'l have to teach everybody else...8P

            j/k

            The lady to ask is Lady Grizel..she's the one who taught me...a really good
            teacher..

            Vlakh

            "Diane S. Sawyer" wrote:

            > From: "Diane S. Sawyer" <tasha_medved@...>
            >
            > --- Danks Cole <corgano@...> wrote:
            > > From: Danks Cole <corgano@...>
            > >
            > > Fiddlestix..that mean I have to do some more stuff
            > > now? I've slacked a bit
            > > do to lack of inspiration... havign some trouble
            > > with the web part of the
            > > Silverchannel favor too..*sigh*
            > >
            > > Vlakh
            > >

            > LOL... no... just show me what you've done thus far...
            > works in progress are cool, too. I'm still working on
            > my lord's favor, too. We just created a badge
            > (haven't submitted it yet), and I'd like to bead it,
            > so maybe you can teach me a bit!
            >
            > (In case anyone's interested, it's Vert, goutty d'Or,
            > upon a tower argent a bear rampant sable, which
            > translates into a green field with gold droplets all
            > over it, and a black bear rampant on a white tower.)
            >
            > Tasha
            >
            > Show your ONElist SPIRIT!
            > http://www.onelist.com
            > With a new ONElist SHIRT available through our website.

          • Diane S. Sawyer
            Message 5 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
              --- Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...> wrote:
              > From: Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...>
              >
              > Already posted this, but I'll keep current with the
              > discussion.
              >
              > Paul and I will be camping with Clan Cambion (has
              > the Stonehenge gate) at
              > the corner of Brewer's and something (E15). Look
              > for our banners. We
              > should arrive Aug 9 Monday.
              >
              > Good gods Tasha, have you ever camped "downtown"
              > before? The move of
              > Herald's Camp is why we don't camp with them
              > anymore. Noisy, noisy and not
              > very pretty. But you are right, it is very central
              > and convenient to
              > everything. A short walk to the showers, the store
              > and the marketplace.

              umm... no. I've never camped ANYWHERE at Pennsic, but
              since you ask... I was going to camp with my
              boyfriend's household, but then I dumped him, so I
              didn't think it would be a good idea to be in that
              encampment. June 1 was fast approaching, and not
              wanting to be in singles camping with strangers, I
              decided to bite the bullet and register at a camp
              where I knew I would have SOMETHING in common with the
              other people there. Now I am being considered for
              membership in a household that will be at a large
              encampment at N03, so I may end up there.

              However, I believe my title for the week will be "War
              Vocal Herald," so being in a central location will be
              good. I've been a soldier for a LONG time... I can
              sleep anywhere, just about.

              I plan on making a lot of visits, and now you all know
              (about) where I'll be, so I'll see you all there!!!!!

              Tasha
            • Jenn/Yana
              Message 6 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                Tasha wrote:
                >umm... no. I've never camped ANYWHERE at Pennsic, but
                >since you ask... I was going to camp with my
                >boyfriend's household, but then I dumped him
                <snip>
                >Now I am being considered for
                >membership in a household that will be at a large
                >encampment at N03, so I may end up there.

                Oooo....I see. If you end up downtown, don't worry, it isn't all that bad.
                I was just (trying) to be funny. Paul is a light sleeper and I like the
                quiet, otherwise we both like being in a central location. Of course, we
                are camped just up the hill from Pentwyvern and next to one of the "Fairy"
                camps, so it isn't all that quiet. (Sorry about the boyfriend thing, I
                know what that's like)

                I understand what you mean about having a connection to the people you camp
                with. We currently camp with a large group from the DC area (we live in
                Wisconsin, so it is a little strange). Our only connection to them is
                through the Heralds and I am not a Herald (although as people can attest, I
                have a loud voice, remember the storm during last year's meeting?) and I
                hadn't even met them before last year.

                >However, I believe my title for the week will be "War
                >Vocal Herald," so being in a central location will be
                >good. I've been a soldier for a LONG time... I can
                >sleep anywhere, just about.

                Ahhhh, crying the camp. We need more people like you!
                ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                Message 7 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                  --- Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...> wrote:
                  > From: Jenn/Yana <jdmiller2@...>
                  >
                  > Oooo....I see. If you end up downtown, don't worry,
                  > it isn't all that bad.
                  > I was just (trying) to be funny. Paul is a light
                  > sleeper and I like the
                  > quiet, otherwise we both like being in a central
                  > location. Of course, we
                  > are camped just up the hill from Pentwyvern and next
                  > to one of the "Fairy"
                  > camps, so it isn't all that quiet. (Sorry about the
                  > boyfriend thing, I
                  > know what that's like)

                  S'okay... nothing like a new one to make you forget
                  the old one! (Bertran who?)

                  {snip}
                  > >However, I believe my title for the week will be
                  > "War
                  > >Vocal Herald," so being in a central location will
                  > be
                  > >good. I've been a soldier for a LONG time... I can
                  > >sleep anywhere, just about.
                  >
                  > Ahhhh, crying the camp. We need more people like
                  > you!

                  And if any of the good gentles reading this would like
                  to volunteer to help cry the camp, do let me know! I
                  could use all the help I can get! While I am LOUD (as
                  those who know me will attest), I can't cry for 10,000
                  people by myself! I am the coordinator, but I don't
                  doubt that I will be yelling, too. Non-heralds who
                  can project and are willing to learn are encouraged
                  (read: begged) to apply!

                  Tasha
                  ===
                  Lady Nastasiia Ivanova Medvedeva
                  Milestone Pursuivant
                  Shire of Quintavia
                  East Kingdom
                • Jessica Wilbur
                  Message 8 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999

                    > Where will people be camping? As of right now, I'm at
                    > Herald's Camp (N1), though I might end up in N3.
                    > Either way, it'll be central.
                    >
                    > Tasha

                    I will be in N01, with House Ingolfsson... near the highway. =( NOT my first choice, but
                    my housemate's knight said that's where we're camping, so that's where we're camping.
                    Oh, well. Just a note: should anyone drop by the camp looking for me, remember to ask
                    for Muireann. Smirenka hasn't made her public debut yet, though Muireann has been
                    spotted wearing clothing looking suspiciously Russian. ;-) My baron commented on my
                    being a good Irish Russian woman... hey, why not.. we have a Scottish Mongol among our
                    ranks as well.

                    --Smirenka (and her evil twin Muireann)
                  • Jessica Wilbur
                    Message 9 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999

                      > I understand what you mean about having a connection to the people you camp
                      > with. We currently camp with a large group from the DC area (we live in
                      > Wisconsin, so it is a little strange). Our only connection to them is
                      > through the Heralds and I am not a Herald (although as people can attest, I
                      > have a loud voice, remember the storm during last year's meeting?) and I
                      > hadn't even met them before last year.

                      Hi Yana,

                      I am also from the DC area, and I know some folks in Cambion. (One of my scribe buddies
                      is a Cambionite, I believe...) They're nice folks and I think you will have a lot of fun camping
                      with them. I know it's a little unnerving to camp with folks you don't know very well, having
                      been there, but I don't think you will have any problems.

                      --Smirenka
                    • Diane S. Sawyer
                      Message 10 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                        --- Jessica Wilbur <jessica@...> wrote:
                        > From: "Jessica Wilbur" <jessica@...>
                        >

                        > > Where will people be camping? As of right now,
                        > I'm at
                        > > Herald's Camp (N1), though I might end up in N3.
                        > > Either way, it'll be central.
                        > >
                        > > Tasha
                        >
                        > I will be in N01, with House Ingolfsson... near the
                        > highway. =( NOT my first choice, but
                        > my housemate's knight said that's where we're
                        > camping, so that's where we're camping.
                        > Oh, well. Just a note: should anyone drop by the
                        > camp looking for me, remember to ask
                        > for Muireann. Smirenka hasn't made her public debut
                        > yet, though Muireann has been
                        > spotted wearing clothing looking suspiciously
                        > Russian. ;-) My baron commented on my
                        > being a good Irish Russian woman... hey, why not..
                        > we have a Scottish Mongol among our
                        > ranks as well.
                        >
                        > --Smirenka (and her evil twin Muireann)

                        We're neighbors!!!!!!!!!! yay!!!!!!!!!!

                        Tasha the Easily Excitable
                      • Jenn/Yana
                        Message 11 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                          Thanks for the encouragement! They _are_ good people. We camped with them
                          last year and all went well. Most of the members were off at a Sci-Fi
                          convention for most of the War, so camp was pleasantly medium sized. We
                          are going to be a bit more crowded this year. Eeep!

                          The major change is that the shower line in camp will be longer and I might
                          not be the first one in this time (I'm one of the few who could
                          successfully light the boiler).

                          ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
                          Ilyana Barsova (Yana) jdmiller2@...
                          http://www.sit.wisc.edu/~jdmiller2
                          Slavic Interest Group http://www.uwplatt.edu/~goldschp/slavic.html
                        • Elizabeth Lear
                          Message 12 of 21 , Jul 14, 1999
                            As usual, I will be in Venshavn, which is down by the lake. If you're
                            walking around and you see the ornate carved wooden gate with entwined
                            snakes surrounding the name, stop by and say hi. You'll pass it on
                            the wagon if you're headed to the swimming holes.

                            -Yelizaveta