Re: Re[2]: [sig] Some stuff recently found

  • Kseniia Smol'nyanina
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 6, 2002
      Hi again, Alex -

      Shoot, I completely forgot that you're in Moscow! *grumble* In that case I understand the issue with photocopies, etc. (I've done research over there myself.)

      I'd love to somehow work with you on this project, if we can figure out how to do it. This is exactly the kind of resource I've always wanted to find! I know quite a few of the folk songs collected in this century by Dmitri Pokrovski, but I would love to find some that are arguably more period, not to mention songs for solo voice (it's hard to find people who sing in the Russian folk style over here!).

      Let's talk off the list and see if there is some way we can do this together. I speak Russian, so that's a help, I think. Could you send me the bibliographical info on the book? Maybe there's a tiny possibility that I can find a copy in the US and get my hands on it through interlibrary loan.

      -- Kseniia, wishing she was back in Moscow
    • Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 9, 2002
        Greetings Kseniia!

        Here's the bibliographical info of the book.

        "Drevniye Rossiiskiye Stikhotvoreniya sobraniye Kirsheiu Danilovym"
        under editorship of A.A.Gorelov, S.Petersburg, "Tropa Troyanova" 2000 ("Polnoye
        Sobraniye Russkikh Bylin" series). The edition isn't academic, but they comment
        extentively on all the points that disagree with some editions (instead of
        giving ALL the variants), and put letters in italics in places where modern
        rules of spelling disagree with the original variant of 18 century.

        bye,
        Alex.
      • Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 9, 2002
          Greetings Yana!

          >If you can send me the music info in a Russian font, I can transfer >it
          >into readable text for a web browser. The RKP would be a good place
          >to have some music info.

          Sorry, I can't understand the idea. I can't send the music in Russian font, as
          it's a kind of picture. There's a great lot of lyrics for every tune (3 pages
          each song at average). Do you mean this?

          bye,
          Alex.