Re: Some stuff recently found

  • yanajenn
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 6, 2002
      --- "Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik" <Posadnik@m...> wrote:

      > P.S. And, BTW, why not have a downloadable source of Russian fonts,
      etc at SIG
      > homepage? Russian is too easy to read (I won't say anything about
      Grammar, but
      > we don't need it in songs). Paul, if you are reading this - what'd
      you say?

      T%his is actually in the works for the Russian Knowledge Page,
      although I am a bit behind in updating and maintaining it, as many are
      aware (more on that in the next message).

      If you can send me the music info in a Russian font, I can transfer it
      into readable text for a web browser. The RKP would be a good place
      to have some music info.

      --Yana
    • Kseniia Smol'nyanina
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 6, 2002
        Hi again, Alex -

        Shoot, I completely forgot that you're in Moscow! *grumble* In that case I understand the issue with photocopies, etc. (I've done research over there myself.)

        I'd love to somehow work with you on this project, if we can figure out how to do it. This is exactly the kind of resource I've always wanted to find! I know quite a few of the folk songs collected in this century by Dmitri Pokrovski, but I would love to find some that are arguably more period, not to mention songs for solo voice (it's hard to find people who sing in the Russian folk style over here!).

        Let's talk off the list and see if there is some way we can do this together. I speak Russian, so that's a help, I think. Could you send me the bibliographical info on the book? Maybe there's a tiny possibility that I can find a copy in the US and get my hands on it through interlibrary loan.

        -- Kseniia, wishing she was back in Moscow
      • Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 9, 2002
          Greetings Kseniia!

          Here's the bibliographical info of the book.

          "Drevniye Rossiiskiye Stikhotvoreniya sobraniye Kirsheiu Danilovym"
          under editorship of A.A.Gorelov, S.Petersburg, "Tropa Troyanova" 2000 ("Polnoye
          Sobraniye Russkikh Bylin" series). The edition isn't academic, but they comment
          extentively on all the points that disagree with some editions (instead of
          giving ALL the variants), and put letters in italics in places where modern
          rules of spelling disagree with the original variant of 18 century.

          bye,
          Alex.
        • Alexey Kiyaikin aka Posadnik
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 9, 2002
            Greetings Yana!

            >If you can send me the music info in a Russian font, I can transfer >it
            >into readable text for a web browser. The RKP would be a good place
            >to have some music info.

            Sorry, I can't understand the idea. I can't send the music in Russian font, as
            it's a kind of picture. There's a great lot of lyrics for every tune (3 pages
            each song at average). Do you mean this?

            bye,
            Alex.