Re: [sig] RE: Subject: Serbian Calligraphy

  • MC Toscano
    Message 1 of 2 , May 16, 2002
      > All:
      >
      > Oops! My initial reading was that it was modern
      > calligraphy, and that the peak of Serbian calligraphy
      > was in the 15th century (not necessarily that this was
      > 15th century stuff). Now I see that this is medieval
      > (checked 2, all time permits right now, of those 2 one
      > is 13th and one 15th century).

      Well, it begs a question. Are they really scanned original examples of
      15th century caligraphy or are they interpretations (copies of the
      originals)? I peeked at all the entries and the information could be taken
      either way.

      For instance, one of the entries says:

      "Handwritten Cyrilic script, adapted for contemporary reading, with
      recognizable marks and relations characteristics for the middle age script."

      Both of the authors are artists, so it could be either.

      Nataliia