Re: caftan manuals & beer debts

  • Christine Jacobs
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 2 6:28 AM
      [Ahh, I seem not to be the only one having trouble replying to this
      address!]

      Hi 'dak!

      I would love one of your manuals - I've been working on a caftan without
      a pattern, and it would be nice to see how to do it right, for next
      time. :)

      Maybe I can pick one up from you at an event this fall? It gives me
      another excuse to seek you out when I move west(ish). ;)

      -- Kseniia

      timbo@... wrote:

      > From: timbo@...
      >
      > Sergai,
      > Does a bear crap in the woods? I'm the caftan guy. I'm also a
      > procrastinator so if I owe manuals to anyone lurking out there, I
      > honestly apologize. Also, change of plans. I'm skipping Pennsic in
      > favor of Toronto for a 2nd honeymoon with the wife. I was in law
      > school during the first so it was sort of given short shift. I will
      > send beer with Nick though, so ask for Duke Comar's encampment
      > (Daggon's Dell). Please apologize to your Prince?, King?, beer
      > guzzling buddy?...(grin).
      > Gotta pick my battles. Can I still shoot a manual to you, and
      > anyone else lurking out there ? Tomorrow is payday so ask now, before
      > I pay my loans.........
      > Mordak (Russki procrastinator at large)

      > ONElist: the best source for group communications.
      > http://www.onelist.com
      > Join a new list today!

      Lady Kseniia Smol'nyanina mka: Christine Jacobs
      of Mountain Freehold chrstnj@...

      http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/3079

      "I shall never permit myself to stoop so low as to hate another man."
      - Booker T. Washington
    • Orionova@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 2 6:29 AM
        Greetings to the list from Natasha Orionova Zateeva!

        I'd like to jump on this band-wagon as well, Mordak. Is your packet sent by
        snail mail? If so, let me know and I can send you postage.

        Thanks!
        Natasha
      • timbo@xxxxxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 2 12:04 PM
          Vlak,
          First thing Tuesday. July 4th and all.
          'dak

          Date: Fri, 02 Jul 1999 09:55:11 -0300
          From: Danks Cole <corgano@...>
          To: sig@onelist.com
          Subject: Re: [sig] caftan manuals & beer debts

          From: Danks Cole <corgano@...>

          Sorry for sending this over the list..but for some reason Lord Mordak's
          e-mail can't be found by the mail server.

          M'lord Mordak...

          Could you please send me a garb packet as well...if possible..anything you
          have on Russian beadwork for garb. Thanks in advance!

          YIS
          Vlakh

          timbo@... wrote:

          > From: timbo@...
          >
          > Sergai,
          > Does a bear crap in the woods? I'm the caftan guy. I'm also a
          > procrastinator so if I owe manuals to anyone lurking out there, I
          > honestly apologize. Also, change of plans. I'm skipping Pennsic in
          > favor of Toronto for a 2nd honeymoon with the wife. I was in law
          > school during the first so it was sort of given short shift. I will
          > send beer with Nick though, so ask for Duke Comar's encampment
          > (Daggon's Dell). Please apologize to your Prince?, King?, beer
          > guzzling buddy?...(grin).
          > Gotta pick my battles. Can I still shoot a manual to you, and
          > anyone else lurking out there ? Tomorrow is payday so ask now, before
          > I pay my loans.........
          > Mordak (Russki procrastinator at large)

          > ONElist: the best source for group communications.
          > http://www.onelist.com
          > Join a new list today!

          Looking for a new hobby? Want to make a new friend?
          http://www.onelist.com
          Come join one of 180,000 e-mail communities at ONElist!

        • John.E.Beebe.93@xxxxxx.xxxxxxxxx.xxxxxxx
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2 6:19 PM
            I too apologize for sending this listwide, but 'dak's server appears to be
            playing hide and seek on the network.

            Mordak,

            I recently found the perfect fabric for a kaftan, and would love any tips or
            suggestions you can throw my way. Email is fine, with or without
            attachments as available, or if you want to send something snailmail, my
            address is:

            John Beebe
            925 Haywood Drive #3
            Madison, WI 53715

            I haven't really made a kaftan yet, just a chuga, which I guess is somewhat
            similar, but any help at all you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

            The basic patterns you sent me a while back are being put to good use as I
            start some Russian garb for my wife. I'll convert her from a good
            upstanding Anglo-Saxon into a Slav yet. ;-)

            You asked a while back if I had a copy of Giliarovskaia, and unfortunately
            I did not at the time. Looks like I'll be obtaining a copy of it soon,
            though (thanks Ilyana! :-). Did you ever get ahold of this, or are you still
            devoid? If the latter, I'd be more than willing to run off an extra copy
            for you when I make mine and ship it off your way, just give the word (and
            address...).

            Otherwise, just let me know how much the copying/shipping comes to, and
            I'll more than happily reimburse.

            -Ivan Matfeevich Rezansky

            -------------------------
            >timbo@... wrote:
            >
            >> From: timbo@...
            >>
            >> Sergai,
            >> Does a bear crap in the woods? I'm the caftan guy. I'm also a
            >> procrastinator so if I owe manuals to anyone lurking out there, I
            >> honestly apologize. Also, change of plans. I'm skipping Pennsic in
            >> favor of Toronto for a 2nd honeymoon with the wife. I was in law
            >> school during the first so it was sort of given short shift. I will
            >> send beer with Nick though, so ask for Duke Comar's encampment
            >> (Daggon's Dell). Please apologize to your Prince?, King?, beer
            >> guzzling buddy?...(grin).
            >> Gotta pick my battles. Can I still shoot a manual to you, and
            >> anyone else lurking out there ? Tomorrow is payday so ask now, before
            >> I pay my loans.........
            >> Mordak (Russki procrastinator at large)

            >> ONElist: the best source for group communications.
            >> http://www.onelist.com
            >> Join a new list today!

          • Robert Parker
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 7 1:11 AM
              Dear Caftan Guy,
              I am totally bummed to hear that you are not going to be at
              Pennsic. His Majesty (as of the 10th) will be disappointed also. Oh
              well, Everyone else will be at "Sergei's Party", RIGHT!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
              Congrats on the honeymoon thing. I know how important that can be.
              Actually, I wish I knew. Single and all I can empathize at least.
              Anyway, you don't have to send beer with anyone. I would appreciate any
              patterns you have available. If you have already paid the rent give me
              a holler when you are ready to send patterns since it seems everybody
              wants what you got, big guy. (He, he) Anyway, I hope this isn't too
              late. I has the West/An Tir War to go to. There will be a report on
              that tomorrow. Yes you can ALL have something to read that may have to
              do a little bit with the SCA instead of beer and stuff. All in all, I
              am really going to miss seeing you there. (Major Bummer, DUDE!!!!!!)
              I hope to see the rest of you there at whichever party it turns out to
              be.

              Sergei Stepanovich Bezrukov
              aka
              Robert Parker
              1118 S. 3rd
              Pocatello, Id. 83201

              208 233-5131
            • JLNash55@xxx.xxx
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 7 4:32 PM
                I know that this is a bit late already, I've been away for a while.
                But...could I possibly get a copy of the caftan information? I am a heat
                sick Hungarian in the far south regions of Meridies and have decided that a
                nice loose caftan is just what I need for summer wear (I need to protect my
                burn-prone skin). So far, all that I've been able to find is a written
                description and some mongolian and persian examples to extrapolate from. I
                would TRUELY appreciate any information. If it is going to involve any kind
                of copy costs or postage I will more than happily pay them.

                New in Service,
                Kispesty Potyncza
              • Jennifer D. Miller
                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 8 5:33 PM