re: painted ware

  • Kurt and Theresa Ryder
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 1999
      Message: 12
      Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 20:11:49 EDT
      From: MHoll@...
      Subject: Re: Re: Painted Ware

      >Good! Nice! But are the designs and colors period?

      >Predslava,
      >who hasn't been to the library in a while!

      Well that's the big question! I think it's possible to eliminate certain
      items as being post-period, but not possible to say that a certain design is
      period, or period-like, unless you have some kind of period example. I'm
      thinking of trying to write a couple museums in Moscow that I have
      references to items from, with the catalogue numbers. I'm hoping that
      they'll be willing to sell me photos. I know museums in the U.S. and some
      other countries will do this, so I'm hopeful. But my catalogue numbers are
      for textile stuff, and I think knowing the number of the item you want is
      vital.

      Ludmilla Volkova (a new-to-this list Ludmilla, who'll sign as Volkova, to
      avoid confusion!)