Acid Etching Eggs

  • kataryna_dragonweaver
    Message 1 of 1 , May 12, 2002
      Greetings,
      A while back Jadwiga posted a period "recipe" for acid etching eggs.
      I tried a variation of it by dipping the egg into wax and leaving it
      standard store bought red wine vinegar ~ 8 hours. It seems to work
      quite well.... (just don't rub the etched area with your fingers until
      you've washed it in water and it has had a chance to dye). Don't use
      white vinegar - it doesn't work - although I had some one suggest
      dyeing it after it's etched in the white vinegar.
      This week I will be trying it using Suet... & maybe taking pictures.

      -Kataryna (running behind schedule but catching up)