Re: [sig] sarafan hassles, pt. II

  • Elizabeth Lear
    Message 1 of 12 , May 11, 2002
      > So... you're left with your ankles hanging out? What
      > do you wear for footwear, then?
      > Tasha

      Either boots (usually) or sandals (if it's hot and the terrain isn't
      too bad).

      -Yeliz
    • Patricia Hefner
      Message 2 of 12 , May 11, 2002
        > But... if you follow Dak's garb packet, they come
        > > out waist-length... So
        > > which is "correct"?
        > {snip}
        > > Parsla
        >
        > One of 'em does, one of 'em doesn't. Wouldn't you
        > look funny wearing a waist-or-slightly-longer
        > rubahka
        > with a panova? Besides, the cut is so common, that
        > if
        > you make an ankle-length rubahka you can wear it
        > with
        > at least two other outfits that I can think of (the
        > Anglo-Saxon tube dress and the Norse apron dress
        > immediately spring to mind).
        >
        > Tasha
        > who was never able to satisfactorily gather that
        > much
        > linen into a neckband, anyway.

        When I made my first "rubakha" it was actually more
        like a chemise. It was for summer and hot weather,
        like much of the garb worn by Meridian ladies. I'm
        going to be making some other garb after we do our
        event and I have the time. I've never made a panova. I
        can't quite figure out how to make one, but I'd like
        to. I'd also like to have at least one Viking outfit.
        BTW is yellow period? I have some yellow fabric. I'm
        trying to figure out if there's anything I can do with
        it.

        Isabelle

        LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
        http://launch.yahoo.com